Friday, January 22, 2010

Furniture Makeover

I found this great hutch thing at the Salvation Army here for $35. It was love at first site!


But barn red really isn't my color. So rather than doing something totally outrageous (like I would have liked to do) I painted it black. Classy. Simple. Sleek. I thought that would be best since I am going to put it in our entry way :-)
Kind of boring for me? Not quite. Check out the little surprise you get when you open the cabinets and drawers!


I love me some purple! The best part? I got the whole gallon of purple paint for $3.95 because it was a 'mistint' or 'oops paint'. If any of you aren't checking the oops paint shelf every time you go into Wal-Mart, Home Depot, or Lowes, you're missing out!

Wait until you guys see all the other projects I've been doing around here. I've been too busy actually doing to stop long enough to blog about it... which lets face it- that's the funnest part! So stay tuned to see my completed entry way makeover :-)

See what I did to this piece of furniture next here!

4 comments:

The Activity Mom said...

That turned out GREAT! Love it!

Catherine said...

Great job, love the purple. Very unexpected but takes it up a notch!

Anonymous said...

It turned out very nice and the purple surprise is a fun touch!

Jen said...

Oh, what a deal! I love it. Before I had kids, I loved refinishing furniture that I would find at flea markets, yard sales, etc. Your hutch turned out great!

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!
http://raisingcreativeandcuriouskids.blogspot.com